Former Gaetano Cappabianca Institute building

Santa Maria Capua Vetere (Caserta)

portfolio

Former Gaetano Cappabianca Institute building

The Ex Istituto Gaetano Cappabianca is a historic building located in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, once dedicated to the assistance of blind and deaf-mute people. Founded thanks to the bequest of Gaetano Cappabianca, a rich landowner and local benefactor born in 1849, the institute represented an important point of reference for the support and education of these people in the community.

Gaetano Cappabianca, with his will dated 21 July 1908, allocated a huge fortune to the creation of an institute that offered shelter and education to blind and deaf-mute people. The building, which in the past welcomed the munificent benefactor, became a place of quiet refuge and training, with the establishment of carpentry, shoemaking and tailoring workshops to train the patients in a trade.

The building is known for its architecture and the works of art it contains, such as the bust of Gaetano Cappabianca created by Giuseppe Sammartino, the same author of the famous Veiled Christ in the Sansevero Chapel in Naples.

Work Details

Client

Municipality of Santa Maria Capua Vetere

Location

Santa Maria Capua Vetere (Caserta)

Interventions

“CULTURAL CONTAINER” – Definition given to the large complex of the former G. Cappabianca Institute.

Return to the past and new architecture are the interventions carried out in the Sammaritana area where art and technology act as generators to reappreciate what was a symbol for the city of Santa Maria Capua Vetere.

Type of Intervention

Work
Category

The combination of different realities such as heritage and professionalism, entrepreneurial skills and dynamism places TECNORES S.r.l. General Construction Company among the leading companies in the sector.

  • Archeology

  • Design

  • Maintenance

  • Restoration