Church of St. Nicholas

Cusano Mutri (Benevento)


Church of St. Nicholas

The church of San Nicola, located in the center of the current historical nucleus of Cusano, at the time of its foundation (700 AD) was “extra moenia”, located in front of the “Middle Door”.

It was elevated to a parish after the year 1100, with the annexation of the small church of S. Antonino and the abandoned monastery of S. Maria del Castagneto. Dating back to the 12th century, it was the rectoral church of the University of Cusano.

It has three naves, a bell tower and, inside, a seventeenth-century stone stoup. It preserves a statue of the Virgin of the Rosary from 1689 and in the sacristy there is a beautiful stone fountain.

Work Details


Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities Superintendence for Environmental, Architectural, Artistic and Historical Heritage for the provinces of Caserta and Benevento


Cusano Mutri (Benevento)


The works involved the consolidation of arches and vaults using special resins and carbon fibre, the restoration of the wooden trusses with the cambering of the pitched roof and the reconstruction and consolidation of the plaster.

Type of Intervention


The combination of different realities such as heritage and professionalism, entrepreneurial skills and dynamism places TECNORES S.r.l. General Construction Company among the leading companies in the sector.

  • Archeology

  • Design

  • Maintenance

  • Restoration